Poster presentation abstract submission for the 17th Conference of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists (IACIS 2022) is now open!
The 17th Conference of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists (IACIS 2022) co-chaired by Prof. Ian Gentle and Prof. Gregory Warr, invites you to submit an abstract for the Conference to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and online from 26-30 June 2022.
|Author notification||Thursday 17 March 2022|
|Round 2 of posters open||Now open|
|Round 2 of posters close||Thursday 26 May 2022 (EXTENDED)|
Poster only submissions now open!
Submit today for your abstract to be considered for inclusion in the IACIS 2022 poster presentation program.
Registration now open!
Register to attend the Conference today!
We welcome theoretical and experimental studies ranging from fundamental through to applied aspects of colloid and interface science for each theme.
- Hydrocolloids & Polymer Colloids
- Droplets, Bubbles and Wetting
- Interfacial Dynamics and Lubrication
- Bio-Inspired Systems and Bio-Interfaces
- Surface Forces and Hydrophobicity in Particle Interactions
- Interfacial Phenomena in Energy Materials
- Environmental Colloid and Interface Science
- Amphiphilic and Supramolecular Assemblies
- Catalysis and Surface Reactions
- Colloid and Interface Science of Viruses
- Frontiers of Colloid, Interface and Surface Science
- Types of Presentations
- Creating an author account
- Preparing your abstract submission
- Rules and Guidelines
- Presenter Agreement
- Author Notification
At the time of submission, you will be asked to select your preferred presentation type. Not all requests can be accommodated, and the final presentation type will be selected by the Scientific Program Committee.
The IACIS 2022 will include presentation types as follows:
The number of Oral Presentations able to accommodated in the program is limited and presentations will be selected by the Scientific Program Committee. The duration of Oral Presentations will be advised to the presenters at the time of selection.
The Poster Presentations will be digitally displayed and accessible to the Conference Mobile App and the online platform. Please note there will not be an physical display of hardcopy poster the Conference.
Step 1: Click the ‘Submit Abstract’ button on the website.
Step 2: You will be directed to the submission site to create an author account. Once an account is created, please verify the account by clicking on the link provided via the account verification email sent to your nominated email address. Please check your ‘junk folder’ if not received.
Step 3: Log in to your account after it has been verified using your email address as username, and your nominated password. Please complete your user profile by selecting ‘Edit My Profile’ prior to submitting your abstract. Do note that your photo and biography will be displayed in the Conference program if selected for presentation, thus please include relevant details you wish to be included.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Submit Abstract’ button to begin submitting your submission.
Please direct any questions to the IACIS 2022 Conference Managers firstname.lastname@example.org
All abstracts must be submitted online via the online submission portal.
Important Submission Elements
- Themes: All abstracts must be submitted under one of the themes listed above. The organisers reserve the right to move presentations into different themes in order to balance the overall program.
- Abstract Title: Type the title of your abstract in the ‘Abstract Title’ field. Abstract titles are limited to 20 words or less.
- Abstract Text: Upload the body of your abstract in doc. or docx. format. All abstracts should be 300 words or less. Do not include your title or authors in the abstract text — these items will be collected separately. Tables/graphics and references in ACS format can be included but the text of abstract must be no longer than one page.
- Co-authors: Each co-author should be added separately to the submission to ensure proper listing. Enter title, first (given) name, last (family/surname) name, email address, institution/affiliation and country for each author. Please do not list the department/branch in the institution/affiliation field. One person must be identified as the presenting author. IACIS 2022 will only correspond with the presenting author so please ensure all contact details are correct. The order of the authors may be modified at any time prior to the submission deadline of Tuesday 8 February 2022.
- Presenter Biography: A short biography up to 100 words and photo of the presenter should be provided and will be displayed in the Conference program and website if selected for presentation.
- Complete all other fields, noting those labelled with a (*) symbol must be filled.
- There are no specific requirements regarding structure of the abstract.
- Full registering authors may submit up to a maximum of one abstract as the presenting author but can be co-authors on multiple abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site. Photocopies, posted or emailed abstracts will not be accepted.
- You must receive the approval of all co-authors before including their names on the abstract.
- All submissions will be reviewed after Tuesday 8 February 2022. Presenters are not permitted to modify their submissions after this date.
- You may withdraw your submission at any time without notifying IACIS 2022 until Tuesday 8 February 2022 through the submission portal. Submissions withdrawn after Tuesday 8 February 2022, must be withdrawn using the “Contact Conference Manager’ function via the submission portal. Requests not submitted via the portal will not be considered.
All presenters must agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Abstracts will be made available in the Conference program to Conference participants only.
- The correctness of the abstracts is the responsibility of the authors. The Conference Managers will not edit the article although the submissions will go through a review process for paper selection purposes.
- As a commitment to attend and support the Conference, the presenters of the accepted abstracts are expected to register and pay either for the full Conference Program or the day of their presentation, before Monday 11 April 2022 (a reminder will be sent to authors). Failure to register by this date may result in submitted abstracts being removed from the program.
- The preparation and supply of any handouts or other materials used in any presentation will be the responsibility of the presenter(s).
- All costs to attend the Conference including registration, travel and accommodation are to be met by the presenters.
The Conference Organizing and Scientific Program Committees recognise the time and effort it takes for authors to prepare abstracts, however, we encourage your early submission of your intention to present at IACIS 2022. This will provide the Scientific Program Committee with the ability to determine a preliminary program and promote it to our intended delegates. The Conference Organizing and Scientific Program Committees are looking forward to presenting a technically strong program for the IACIS 2022 and welcomes you, the contributor, to assist in achieving this aim.
Auhtors will be notified by Thursday 17 March 2022 should their abstract be accepted or otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my submission was successfully received?
If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. Please complete all required fields marked with red asterisk before submitting. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your paper.
2. Is there a word limit imposed on abstract/full paper title?
Yes, abstract title must not exceed 20 words.
3. Is there a page limit imposed on abstracts?
Yes, abstracts may not exceed one (1) page.
4. Is there a word limit imposed on abstract text?
Yes, abstract text must not exceed 300 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names or their affiliations which are entered in separate fields when submitting, tables/graphics and references.
5. Should I put the abstract title, authors and affiliations in body of my abstract?
No. These items will be collected separately during the abstract submission process.
6. Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission?
Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline of Tuesday 8 February 2022 to change the selected topic. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
7. When is the submission deadline?
Tuesday 8 February 2022 (11:59 p.m. AEST).
8. Can I make changes to my submission after the deadline?
9. If I forget to add an author can I do so after the submission deadline?
Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing email@example.com. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission process.
10. Can I submit more than one abstract as a presenter?
No, presenters with full registration can present only one abstract. However, you can be the co-author in multiple abstracts.
11. When I submit, how do I indicate my presentation type (oral or poster)?
You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Scientific Program Committee makes the final decision regarding presentation mode.
12. Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my short abstract?
13. If I make a mistake during the submission process, do I need to start a new submission?
No. You can make changes to your abstract submission at any time prior to the deadline of Tuesday 8 February 2022 by logging into your eOrganiser Account and selecting the Edit button. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.