Conference Managers Code of Conduct (Coc)
The organisers and hosts of IACIS 2022 (the “Event”) are committed to providing an Event that is welcoming and safe for all attendees; free from discrimination and harassment; where all attendees are treated with dignity and respect.
Adherence to this Code of Conduct is mandatory for all attendees and extends to all aspects of the Event, including (but not limited to) program sessions, catering breaks, social events and all communications including email and social media.
Attendees of the Event will in respect of all attendees or others associated with the delivery of the Event:
- treat all with respect, dignity, impartiality and courtesy;
- not discriminate in respect of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, gender identity or expression, or physical appearance;
- maintain a cooperative and collaborative approach to interpersonal relationships;
- respect the privacy of all;
- ensure that they are not involved in or encourage discrimination against or harassment of any other persons;
- ensure that their actions are not inhibiting, offensive, disruptive or negative towards other attendees or the organisers or hosts of the Event; and
- ensure that they do not support, condone or encourage in any way any protest or potential protest against the Event or its subject matter.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to ensure that the Event is available for enjoyment and participation by all Event attendees.
Code of Conduct Violations:
If you experience or become aware of any violations, or potential violations, of this Code of Conduct, please report such instances to the Event Managers (at the Registration Desk onsite or via email).
Consequences of Breach of this Code of Conduct:
The Event Organisers and the Hosts, at their sole discretion, reserve the right to remove from the Event premises or to refuse entry to the Event to any person(s) who breaches this Code of Conduct. Such action will automatically preclude the alleged offending person from any claim for financial compensation including loss of right to any refund for attendance or travel fees for the Event. Additionally, any offender will immediately forfeit any entitlement to deliver poster or speaking presentations.
The Event Organisers and/or Hosts will use all reasonable precautions and endeavours to protect the anonymity of persons reporting violations, or potential violations, of this Code of Conduct.
Express Your Interest
Fill in the expression of interest form to be kept up to date with information on 17th Conference of the International Association of Colloid and Interface Scientists.