IACIS is proud to announce the establishment of the IACIS Emerging Investigator Awards. Three awards valued at AUD3,000 (with accompanying certificate) will be presented for outstanding fundamental or applied research in the field of colloid and interface science. These will be presented for the first time at IACIS2022 in Brisbane, thanks to generous support from the KAO Corporation.
Finalists for the IACIS Emerging Investigator Awards:
- Saffron BRYANT (Australia)
- Diana CHOLAKOVA (Bulgaria)
- Dan DANIEL (Singapore)
- Anna KLINKOVA (Canada)
- Livia SALVATI MANNI (Australia)
- Yi SHEN (Australia)
- Raya SORKIN (Israel)
- Aaron ELBOURNE (Australia)
- Adrian SANCHEZ FERNANDEZ (Spain)
- Huanshu TAN (China)
- Zhiliang WANG (Australia)
- William WONG (Finland)
Applications for the awards is now closed.
Nominees who are within 6 years of receiving their Ph.D. will be eligible for the Award. Nominees outside this time frame due to career interruptions or other circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Nominations can be made by the candidates themselves or by a nominator (with the agreement of the candidate) prior to Tuesday, 8 February 2022. Nominations should include
- The candidate’s CV including a list of publications and patents
- A copy of the abstract submitted to IACIS2022
- A cover letter addressing key achievements as well as any other contributions to colloid and interface science such as teaching, outreach, responsibilities for societies, etc. This letter may also address any career opportunity factors to be considered by the jury, especially if the candidate is outside the 6 year eligibility window.
Nominations should be sent by email to the Scientific Program Chair (email@example.com) with all documentation included as a single pdf file by Tuesday, 8 February 2022.
Two-Stage Selection Process.
From the nominations, up to 12 candidates will be selected before the IACIS conference. Each finalist will receive a certificate recognizing their selection, and will be invited to present their results in a talk at IACIS2022. As IACIS2022 is a hybrid conference, both online and in-person presentations are eligible.
The Jury will then select the three award winners based on their scientific achievements, including the nomination documents, their oral presentation, and discussion at the IACIS conference.
The jury is nominated by the chair of the conference and will comprise: one representative of the IACIS council, one member of the local organizing Committee, one representative selected from the plenary speakers and one member of the International advisory board. The decision of the jury is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.